I hereby dub 2011 "the year of the blog."
- Build an audience
- Connect with your audience
- Establish your credibility
- Be seen as an expert
- Test ideas
- Get feedback
- Gain visibility on the web
- Create content that can be repurposed
- Promote your business--your book, brand, services and products
So lets start 2011 strong by blogging consistently and meaningfully for the next 111 days!
By "consistently" I mean blogging at least twice a week, although you can aim your goal higher if that feels right to you. Make your goal realistic. Something that stretches and challenges you, yet fits into your already busy schedule.
By "meaningfully" I mean in a way that helps your audience achieve their goals, whether their goal is to learn something new, accomplish something specific, or be entertained with funny or thought provoking posts.
Why S.H.I.N.E. Online? Because your blog is your home base, it's where people get to know you. In creating an online presence, your blog is your best opportunity to shine online! Every single blog post gives you another opportunity to S.H.I.N.E. To:
For the next 111 days I'll be helping my audience achieve their goals by blogging about blogging, with a special emphasis on how blogging helps authors and other infopreneurs.
Some of the things I'll be blogging about:
- Elements of a successful blog (including doing some blog critiques)
- Brainstorming your blog (your purpose, prospects, competition, and content)
- The S.H.I.N.E. Online Content Creation Formula
- and more...
If you'd like to join me, here's how you do it:
1. Decide how many times per week you want to blog--preferably twice a week or more
2. Add a comment on this post with your blog address, and how many posts per week you're committing to
3. Use the hashtag #SHINEonline to communicate with other bloggers who are participating in this challenge
4. Sign-up below if you would like to get blog tips and articles sent to you, along with blog challenge updates, and information on free teleconferences.
5. Start blogging!
I think that's enough to get us started.
Let's make our blogs SHINE!