Amazon has just announced their new Kindle @author feature in limited beta release, which allows you to ask an author a question from inside their ebook on your kindle, or on their Amazon Author Page.
To ask an author a question, all you have to do is highlight a passage in their ebook, type “@author” followed by your question, and Share. Amazon will then tweet your question to the author and post it on their Author Page. You can also post your question directly on their Author Page, yourself, using the "ask a question" link below their bio, or next to the specific book you have a question about.
If an author answers your question--as an author, yourself, you know how busy we all are--then you will automatically receive an email with the author's answer to you. However, your question is also going out to the larger Amazon community and anyone can reply to it, so your question has the potential to spark a community discussion.
These 16 Amazing Authors are leading the way:
- Ted Dekker: (@tedDekker) Forbidden and The Priest's Graveyard
- Timothy Ferriss: (@tferriss) The 4-Hour Body and The 4-Hour Workweek
- Marie Force: (@MarieForce) Ready for Love and Fool for Love
- Barbara Freethy: (@BarbaraFreethy) Love Will Find a Way and One True Love
- Steven Johnson: (@stevenbjohnson) Where Good Ideas Come From and Everything Bad Is Good for You
- Robert Kiyosaki: (@theRealKiyosaki) Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant
- J.A. Konrath: (@jakonrath) SERIAL and Endurance
- John Locke: (@DonovanCreed) The Love You Crave and Lethal People
- Elisa Lorello: (@ElisaLorello) Ordinary World
- C.J. Lyons: (@cjlyonswriter) Blind Faith and Borrowed Time
- Debbi Mack: (@debbimack) Identity Crisis and Least Wanted
- Brad Meltzer: (@bradmeltzer) The Inner Circle and The Zero Game
- Scott Nicholson: (@hauntedcomputer) Ashes and Write Good or Die
- Susan Orlean: (@susanorlean) Rin Tin Tin and The Orchid Thief
- Deborah Reed: (@DebReedAuthor) Carry Yourself Back to Me and A Small Fortune
- James Rollins: (@jamesrollins) The Skeleton Key and The Devil Colony
Although this is in Beta, if you want people to be able to ask you questions from inside YOUR ebook, you can contact Amazon and get put on a waiting list.
When you think about this, it's really amazing. You can now ask an author a question from inside thier book. How cool is that!
For more information about this from Amazon, go to @author: Connecting Readers and Writers.