Today, September 23, 2011, is Day #1
of the S.H.I.N.E. Online Blogging Challenge
and we will continue for the next 100 days
until December 31, 2011.
You can brainstorm potential blog posts:
- What are the main topics that you address?
- What are the main keywords you want to use?
- What are the main problems your readers face?
- What are the main questions you keep getting asked over and over again?
2. By Day of the Week
- You can address different topics on different days using alliteration, such as Marketing Mondays, or simply assign days of the week to specific topics.
- You can piggyback on twitter chats or hashtags (#TopTenTuesday, #WriterWednesday, #FollowFriday, #WriteChat, #SciFiChat, etc.) writing posts that would be of interest to the people who use those hashtags.
- You can post a series on one day, and a general post on another.
- Series can be short or long. They can be a long post that you break into two or three pieces, be the seven keys to a particular outcome, or be a longer, ongoing in-depth exploration of a topic that is important to your readers.
- Series bring readers back to learn more, or go deeper.
- Series can help you establish your expertise in a particular topic.
4. By the Product You'll Have at the End
- a free opt-in offer to grow your email list
- an information product that you sell for $17, $27 or more
- a Kindle or other type of ebook, selling it for $.99 to gain exposure, or up to $9.99 to build a presence on Amazon and Barnes & Noble and earn some money.
I'm committing (she said, nervously) to 4 posts, a week.
- 2 Blogging Posts a week, that I would like to turn into a 30 day ebook at the end of the challenge (2 blog posts a week = 28 posts)
- 1 eBook Post a week, including my Top 10 eBook Articles for Authors (which I seem to fit in every other week, rather than weekly.
- 1 Writing or Marketing or 2nd eBook Post a week.
- How many blog posts per week are you committing to?
- What new types of posts would you like to experiment with?
- Do you want to use one or more of your weekly blog posts for a series?
If you haven't seen the post that introduced the S.H.I.N.E. Online Blog Challenge, and that allowed you to post your weekly commitment and sign up for the special blogging tips and tools and email list, go to...
The 2nd S.H.I.N.E. Online Blogging Challenge Starts on 9-23-11. Come Join Us & Make Your Blog SHINE! in the Last 100 Days of 2011.
(Personal Note: Yeah! My first post of the challenge is up.)