As the founder of WritingSpirit Coaching, I've provided tools, solutions, and support to thousands of writers since 2003.
In addition to all I've learned on my own writing journey over the last 20 years, I've interviewed such literary luminaries as Susan Piver, a best selling author and two-time Oprah guest; Jane Friedman, who was the head of Writer's Digest at the time; Michael Larsen, a well-known literary agent and founder of the San Francisco Writer’s Conference (which I've proudly sponsored); and Arthur Hiller, an Academy Award winning director; as well as many other writing and publishing professionals.
I've given talks to the Women's National Book Association and the Love Your Life Publishing company's community of authors, as well as being interviewed on many writing focused online radio shows and podcasts. I've also been featured in a recent WritersMagazine.com article about how to Rekindle Your Passion for Writing, as well as in a Mashable.com article on successful social networkers about growing my @WritingSpirit twitter following (now over 58,000) through sharing writing tips and creating #writechat, a live chat for writers that's been held every Sunday for almost five years.
Classes I’ve taught include: From Shy Writer to FearLESS Promoter; How to Use Twitter to Build Your Author's Platform and Sell Lots of Books; Unlimited Creativity: How to Meet and Master Writer’s Block, Procrastination, and Perfectionism; and How to Write Fast, Right Now!
I work with both traditionally published & Indie authors. Clients I’ve worked with have:
- Gotten agents and publishing deals
- Successfully self-published
- Won prestigious book award competitions
- Gotten book endorsements from top people in their field
- Regularly had 50 or more readers attend their book talks and signings
- Sold their books to libraries around the world
- Turned their books into a business, developing related products and classes
- Become Huffington Post bloggers
- Spoken on dozens of radio shows in the US and Canada
- And so much more…
I can help you write, publish & promote
YOUR book or ebook!
When my schedule permits, I love to work one-on-one with people.
- Do you have any articles, blog posts, short stories or other completed pieces that are sitting on your computer gathering dust that you'd like to turn into lead generation and income producing ebooks?
- Do you have a novel or non-fiction book or ebook that you’re ready to launch and promote, or whose book sales you’d like to revitalize?
- Do you want more visibility and a wider online presence to build a powerful "author's platform," or to create a strategic foundation for ongoing book promotion?
"The two hours I spent talking with Julie changed my whole outlook on being an independent author. Her marketing knowledge alone made me feel as if I had struck gold. She fairly vibrates with positive energy and made me feel as if her primary goal was to help me succeed."
USA Today Best Selling Author
Award Winning Author of 32 Novels
In All Directions, Donna's Blog
Join Me for a 30 or 60 Minute One-on-One Consulting Session or Book a 3 Hour Coaching Package
We can focus on writing, publishing and promoting your ebooks...
(Here's a blog post on what it takes be be a successful ebook author)
- reviewing pieces that you've already written to determine which ones are ready to be turned into ebooks and have the best chance for success
- clarifying what you want each ebook to accomplish--to generate income, leads, visibility, etc.
- determining what's needed to build a strong foundation for your ebook's success (compelling content and cover, book blurbs, bonuses, launch strategies, etc.)
- brainstorming additional ebooks based on your business, platform, priorities and passion
We can focus on writing, publishing and promoting your print books...
determining the best publishing options for you based on your personal goals
- mapping out the elements of your book proposal
- clarifying and organizing your book's content
- brainstorming products and merchandise based upon your book
- developing a well-rounded promotion plan including getting book endorsements from the top people in your field and entering book award contests
Or we can focus on building up your author's platform, and creating a plan for ongoing book promotion...
- determining the online and offline promotional strategies that will work best for you
- building up your blogging and social media presence
- brainstorming new promotional avenues and joint venture partners
- developing cross-promotion strategies
- and so much more...
To book a one-on-one consultation or coaching package with me simply scroll down to the Buy Now button that comes after these instructions, and choose the amount of time you'd like to book from the drop-down menu:
- 30 Minutes at $75
- 1 Hour at $125
- 3 Hours at $300
Then enter your email address or phone number so I can contact you about setting up a time for our sessions, and then click the "buy now" button to book your sessions. (If you have any problems, email me immediately!)
- I have a limited number of LOW COST coaching appointments available each month, for those who really need it. There is a waiting list. Please
contact me for more information.
- I also accept a limited number of clients that I have a more hands-on approach with, including giving feedback on a portion of your manuscript, researching your market so I can help you shape your non-fiction book content or develop a promotional plan, as well as other editorial or promotional services depending upon your needs. Please contact me for more information.
I look forward to being a part of your journey towards writing and ebook success!
Let's talk soon.
If you have any questions, you can call me at 310-612-7079
or write to me at Julie@WritingSpiritCoaching.com
ps: Not sure you're at a point, yet, where coaching can help? Read Karen's experience of our first coaching call together:
"I was looking forward to meeting you on the phone, but really feared the call would waste your time since I am in such an early stage of writing and planning my book. I thought it was too soon for me to benefit from a coach--and I couldn't have been more wrong! Your suggestions about how to gain clarity and focus while researching my market were incredibly helpful, and your energy amplified mine. I had no idea I would gain so much immediately from your guidance. Thank you!" Karen Wylie, SoapShed.com
"Thank you, Julie, for helping me to see a blank page not as something to fear, but to embrace for all the creative potential it holds. Our coaching session opened my eyes to the realm of possibilities for my project that I wasn't seeing. I can't wait to apply the suggestions you've given me, and am excited about the writing process again." Jennifer Aderhold